Link for Information on Covid Passports
The JCVI has advised a preference for adults aged 30 to 39 without underlying health conditions to receive an alternative to the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine (where available and only if this does not cause substantial delays in being vaccinated).
The booking system used to offer patients an appointment at Holme Valley Memorial Hospital will not permit these patients to book into an AstraZeneca clinic. If you are under the age of 40 when you receive an invite from us please be assured this will be for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccination.
We will now be inviting for covid vaccinations mainly by text. This will include a link to an appointment booking system. Anyone without a mobile number will be contacted on their landline. Please do not contact the surgery about covid vaccinations as we will contact you when you are eligible for an appointment.
Who Will Get a Vaccine?
The priority list is as follows:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
- 80 years and over and frontline health workers.
- Over 75s.
- 70 years and older and clinically extremely vulnerable people.
- Over 65s.
- 16 – 64 year with underlying health conditions.
- Over 60s.
- Over 55s.
- Over 50s.
- 16 – 49 year olds.
Where can I get a vaccine?
We are doing all our vaccinations at Holme Valley Memorial Hospital in Holmfirth. You may also be invited to have it at a central Hub. If you decide you wish to have it locally then you must wait for an invite from the surgery.
We will share further information with you as it becomes available. In the meantime, there are three things people can do to help:
- Please don’t contact the NHS to seek a vaccine – we will contact you when it’s the right time to you to have yours.
- Please act on your invite when it comes, and make sure you attend your appointments when you arrange them;
- Please continue to abide by all the social distancing and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
More information can be found at the website below: